FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 28, 2021
PRIDE IN THE PARK MEETS STATE GUIDELINES WITH HEALTH PLAN FOR FESTIVAL – LIMITED CAPACITY
PRIDE IN THE PARK CHICAGO MAKES A PROUD RETURN TO GRANT PARK IN LESS THAN TWO MONTHS WITH A TWO-DAY, COVID-SAFE OUTDOORS FESTIVAL JUNE 26 AND 27; TICKET SALES AVAILABLE THIS FRIDAY, APRIL 30 AT NOON. VISIT PRIDEPARKCHI.COM
CHICAGO (April 28, 2021) – Pride in the Park Chicago, presented by Truly Hard Seltzer, will proudly return to Grant Park (downtown Chicago) on June 26 and 27 for a two-day, COVID-safe outdoor festival that brings equity, diversity, safety, and sickening sounds to the main stage.
Pride in the Park Chicago will be one of the city’s first live, in-person concerts/festivals since the COVID-19 global health pandemic shutdown, with event organizers implementing a prudent health and safety plan that follows the strict yet sensible “Restore Illinois Plan” – a metrics-based, vaccination-informed framework that is helping to advance the state towards the completely open Phase 5.
“It’s been more than a year, but this summer, live music and meaningful, safe ways to connect with our chosen friends and family is coming back. We are very pleased to meet state guidelines and working with the City of Chicago and Chicago Park District to make this event happen” says Dusty Carpenter, President and lead organizer of Pride in the Park Chicago.
Carpenter also stated, “the Chicago Park District and Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events deserve a shout out for their collaboration. The health and safety of our attendees, artists, activists, guest speakers, vendors, and staff is our highest priority; it was one team working out a comprehensive plan”.
Proud Partnerships Uphold Our Commitment to Equality, Equity, and Big Entertainment
- We are proud to continue its official charity partnership with The Center on Halsted – donating a portion of ticket sales and providing in-kind tickets to ensure LGBTQ+ and underprivileged youth may participate, feel welcomed, and celebrate their pride openly.
- We are proud to continue another community activity on Pride weekend; the awards ceremony for Pride Bowl XIII will be held at the festival. Now in its 13th year, Pride Bowl is an LGBTQ+ flag football tournament played on Chicago’s lakefront as part of Pride weekend.
- A new Proud Partnership with Chicago’s very own CircuitMOM Productions – commanding their own onsite performances. Consistently bringing exceptional performances, outrageous outfits, drag kings and queens, world-famous DJs, and that signature electric house music that only CircuitMOM can deliver.
- A new Proud Partnership with Health Pass by CLEAR. Health Pass is a free mobile experience on the CLEAR app that securely connects a user’s verified identity to multiple layers of COVID-19-related health information to help reduce public health risk and get people back to what they love.
- We are proud to continue a partnership with Howard Brown Health and other Chicago testing providers to give attendees as many options as possible. If not fully vaccinated, we highly suggest you get tested Thursday or Friday prior to the event at one of the COVID PCR testing centers around the city.
WHAT: Pride in the Park Chicago LGBTQ+ live, outdoor festival
WHERE: Grant Park – BUTLER FIELD (Downtown Chicago) | 100 S Lakeshore Drive, Chicago, IL
WHEN: Saturday, June 26 and Sunday, June 27 | TIMES: 2:00 PM-10:00 PM, 3:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Tickets sales open FRIDAY, APRIL 30 at 12:00 PM (Noon) CST at PrideParkChi.com
TICKET PRICING INFORMATION | LIMITED CAPACITY
Teen/Adults (15 years old+)
- $70.00 Individual, Weekend Pass (Early Bird Pricing)
VIP (21 years old+)
- $200.00 Individual, Weekend Pass (Early Bird Pricing)
Children 11-14 years old must have a ticket and be accompanied by a ticket-holding adult.
Children 10 & years old and under admitted free of charge with a ticket-holding adult.
- Limit 2 children per adult.