FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MAY 12, 2021
PRIDE IN THE PARK ANNOUNCES LEGENDARY LINEUP THAT BRINGS TOGETHER THE QUEEN OF FUNK AND QUEER ICON, THE GREATEST DJ OF ALL TIME, AND THE PRODIGAL PRODUCER THAT IS SURE TO PRODUCE SICKENING SOUNDS AND ONE OF THE BEST PRIDE MUSIC FESTIVALS OF THE YEAR
CHICAGO (May 12, 2021) – Pride in the Park Chicago, presented by Truly Hard Seltzer, proudly announces the legendary lineup for this years’ Main event in Grant Park (downtown Chicago) on June 26 and 27, along with being one of the city’s first in-person festivals.
HEADLINING IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER
- Chaka Khan, the legendary Queen of Funk, Queer Icon, and ten-time Grammy-winning artist.
- GRYFFIN, the self-taught prodigal producer, with a #1 on Spotify’s US and Global Viral charts and #2 on Spotify’s New Music Friday playlist.
- Tiësto, a Grammy award-winning artist, dubbed “the world’s greatest DJ,” the Godfather of EDM, and commanding the title of “best DJ of the last 20 years.
- Betty Who, the Australian-American singer and songwriter of “I Love You Always Forever,” peaked inside the top ten in Australia and reached the top of the Billboard Dance Club Songs chart in the United States.
- Tracy Young, a Grammy award-winning producer, history-maker, and proud member of the LGBTQ community, she is the first woman ever to win a Grammy in the category of best-remixed recording.
- Alyssa Edwards, the iconic star from Emmy-winning television series “RuPaul’s Drag Race,” American entertainer, choreographer, and television personality.
- Derrick Carter, a Queer, Black Chicago-native, was named No. 53 in the 100 Most Famous Chicagoans, is regarded as one of the best underground house key players in the U.S. and Europe.
Among these show-stoppers, there will be other renowned and diverse artists such as CircuitMOM, Hector Fonseca, Tony Moran, Lady D, The Vixen Denali Foxx, Karsten Sollors, Tenderoni, Miss Toto, Mila Jam, Kinley Preston, Traci Ross, Naysha Lopez, It Jomama, Hinkypunk, Kara Mel D’Ville, Sheeza Woman, Avi Sic, Matt Suave, O’Laysia, Chamilla Foxx, Zoliy Miyake Mugler for Ballroom Pride & Guest Speakers.
Dusty Carpenter, Pride in the Park Chicago President and Lead Organizer, said, “To say we are excited is an understatement. We have legendary artists – with 12 Grammys combined – diverse Allies and Queer icons that are going to simply bring the house down. What better way to celebrate our Pride than with amazing music in a diverse and inclusive atmosphere? We continue to celebrate Pride to remind us of our achievements and to also remind us of our history, struggles, and work that is yet to be done.”
Proud Partnerships Uphold Our Commitment to Equality, Equity, and Big Entertainment
- We are proud to continue its official charity partnership with The Center on Halsted – donating a portion of ticket sales and providing in-kind tickets to ensure LGBTQ+, and underprivileged youth may participate, feel welcomed, and celebrate their pride openly.
- We are proud to continue another community activity on Pride weekend; the awards ceremony for Pride Bowl XIII will be held at the festival. Now in its 13th year, Pride Bowl is an LGBTQ+ flag football tournament played on Chicago’s lakefront as part of Pride weekend.
- A new Proud Partnership with Chicago’s very own CircuitMOM Productions – commanding their own onsite performances. Consistently bringing exceptional performances, outrageous outfits, drag kings and queens, world-famous DJs, and that signature electric house music that only CircuitMOM can deliver.
- A new Proud Partnership with Health Pass by CLEAR. Health Pass is a free mobile experience on the CLEAR app that securely connects a user’s verified identity to multiple layers of COVID-19-related health information to help reduce public health risk and get people back to what they love.
- We are proud to continue a partnership with Howard Brown Health and other Chicago testing providers to give attendees as many options as possible. If not fully vaccinated, we highly suggest you get tested Thursday or Friday prior to the event at one of the COVID PCR testing centers around the city.
WHAT: Pride in the Park Chicago LGBTQ+ live, outdoor festival
WHERE: Grant Park – BUTLER FIELD (Downtown Chicago) | 100 S Lakeshore Drive, Chicago, IL
WHEN: Saturday, June 26 and Sunday, June 27 // TIMES: 2:00 PM-10:00 PM, 3:00 PM – 10:00 PM